Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Love, Una (who identified herself alternately as the "unicorn with wings" or the "pegasus-unicorn") pictured with her beloved painted pumpkin
and Duet (the dinosaur or dragon, depending on who you ask). Yes, that's me in the background wearing turquoise pants. And no, they weren't part of a costume. I had just come from teaching a dance class and that was my ensemble today.
Witness the pumpkin bags hard at work (huge success and might I add again the perfect size for little ones. When I'm trying to control my sugar consumption, the last thing I need to bring into my house is a gigantic bag full of candy. No, make that 2 gigantic bags full of candy). Too bad it was 60 degrees today and my kids were dressed for trick-or-treating at the north pole. They didn't seem to mind.

No money was spent today in the production of this Halloween merriment. The pumpkin and candy to distribute to trick-or-treaters were purchased earlier this week for a total of less than $10 (I'm going to go ahead and call those needs, you may argue with that decision, but that's my stance). Una's unicorn with wings/pegasus-unicorn costume was a hand-me-down from a dear friend (thanks again K, Una adored it and we got tons of compliments) and Duet wore the same dinosaur/dragon costume that Una sported when she was that age. For the record, Duet also got compliments, including "that's the cutest dinosaur I've ever seen." I decided not to be offended by the use of the word "that" in lieu of the pronoun "she" since it's admittedly not the most girly costume out there and with the hood up it's impossible to see her little ponytail.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, it's now 8:30pm and I haven't eaten a single piece of their candy yet. Since I had a piece of apple pie for lunch (yes, lunch) I'm holding off on eating the candy. At least until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Halloween! I wish we would have been able to come over and see the girls in their costumes. The look awesome! Oh, and I absolutely adore the turquoise pants. They're very becoming on you.

Kiki said...

So cute...and their bags are perfection!!!

Mary Poppins said...

dodge party--thanks all around. especially for the compliment on my pants.

kiki--perfection!!!. i love you for saying that.