Monday, October 27, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Gotta love David Bowie. And Flight of the Conchords for their fabulous Bowie-inspired episode that includes the song "Bowie" (Bowie's in space).
Enough of that tangential talk.
As you can see, we at bMP have been very busy incorporating some new changes. Bert designed my new header and I love it. Even more than the aforementioned Flight of the Conchords episode and song combined. That's a fierce kind of love, baby. If you look to your right you'll see that I've added some helpful information to my sidebar. It's almost everything you ever wanted to know about Mary Poppins. Almost.
For those of you wondering if I've continued in my quest to overcome the vices I've blogged about in the past, check out "How Well is Mary Poppins Progressing?" for daily updates on my workouts and the sugar situation (sadly, I couldn't figure out a way to realistically update you about the status of the dishes/dishwasher. Suffice it to say, it's so much better than it was a month ago).

And now, my spending status for yesterday: we didn't visit any stores yesterday, so this was a non-issue. Driving home from our vacation we did stop at Taco Bell to grab lunch. But that came to under 7 bucks for the whole family (paid for with cash). And we consumed it. It was more of a need than a want. Who doesn't need to run south of the border for a chalupa when they're on a road trip? OK, so I didn't really order the chalupa. I got a boring bean burrito--hold the onions. But I enjoy typing and saying the word "chalupa." Silly, isn't it (the word is silly, not the fact that I enjoy typing and saying it)?

9 comments:

Erin Gong said...

chalupa...hm...chaLUPa...cha-lup-aaaa.

it does feel good.

amydear said...

I love your header! Does Bert have time to make one for me? I am HTML design-challenged, among other things.

Mary Poppins said...

erin--glad you concur.

amydear--yours truly is the most technology-challenged person. until recently, i didn't even know how to upload photos from our digital camera. true story. i'd be lost in the digital world without my bert.

Angie said...

I love the new header! Yay!!! How fun. I love that song by David Bowie. Who doesn't love him? Did you see Labrynth? If not, it's a must! David Bowie in eighties leather pants. Mmmmmmmm. Yes, I'm weird, I know. Any way.... Taco Bell rocks and you can totally excuse yourself for that one. You probably would have spent more money making dinner for the whole fam right? Maybe that's just my spending side coming out. :)

katieo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane said...

Taco Bell is just around the corner from my house. But alas, it is ran by not so clean people. And after a few instances of dirtiness we abandoned them.

Mary Poppins said...

dodge party--sadly i have not seen labrynth, but based on your recommendation i will correct that mistake asap.

katieo--small world indeed, but unfortunately i don't know either amy benson.

me, myself, and i--i can totally relate. once i found a hair in my nachos at a taco bell in baltimore. i don't think i've been back to any taco bell since then. you should have seen me there on sunday. to bert: "why is everything so expensive? i thought their menu used to be 59, 79, and 99 cents." to the cashier: "what's fresco sauce? what are fiesta potatoes? are they like tater tots?" i think she was happy to see me walk out the door at the end of our "meal."

Aubrey said...

That song makes me want to buy a sequined space suit and wear an eye patch... a funky, funky eye patch.

Mary Poppins said...

aubrey--i so love that you got that reference. here's to hoping that bowie comes to visit you in your dreams.