Friday, October 17, 2008

Hmm...

Turns out that if you stop eating 6 giant frosted sugar cookies a day (or the equivalent amount of cake, chocolate, candy, ice cream, you name it, I've consumed it), you lose 1 and 1/2 pounds in less than a week. Go figure. I've got one word for that: serendipitous.

Sugar situation: yesterday I only had 1/2 of a doughnut at my daughter's preschool function. Ordinarily that would have made me proud, but this morning my friend told me her daughter was in tears last night because they ran out of doughnuts. Now instead of feeling pride in exercising self-control, I just feel like a jerk who steals treats from kids. And makes them cry. I can't win.

4 comments:

Angie said...

LOL, Aw wait....That's sad, but kind of funny too. You keep making me crave those frosted sugar cookies every time you mention them. Hmmmm, maybe I should go get some. You are a bad influece!

Katie said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Thanks for that!

Mary Poppins said...

dodge party--i will not mention the frosted sugar cookies again (for a few days at least).

katie--not sure the kids were saying thanks, but i'm glad you are.

Mrs Furious said...

"I just feel like a jerk who steals treats from kids. And makes them cry. I can't win.

Good one. Very funny.