Thursday, December 18, 2008

At Your Service

So I declared that I was going to spend more time focusing on others this holiday season. It's been a worthwhile activity. In fact, I'd venture to say that the emphasis on service has allowed me to feel the true spirit of Christmas more than any other activity I've done: more than listening to Christmas music, more than putting up Christmas decorations, more than making Christmas goodies, more than wrapping gifts, even more than reading A Christmas Carol. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I've done all of those things this season, I just I'll admit that I haven't been able to do something every single day, but I have found some random act of kindness to do most days. Making service a priority has made me aware of opportunities that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. I know that Christmas is only a week away, but I plan to continue my service challenge long after the holidays have ended.

No comments: